Today was a big day at our house! We are borrowing a bed from our friend, Johnna. It is actually a bed that we used to own, used by Garrett and Gavin. I sold it to Johnna when I had my store (second hand children's & maternity store). Her daughter used it, and then it was most recently used by their cousin's daughter. It is the cutest, sweetest little bed. I bought it at a garage sale when we lived in Monett. It was an old metal twin sized bed that had the side rails cut down to make it a "little" bed. We had a mattress specially made for it so Garrett could use it when he moved out of the crib. We painted it red. Then Gavin used it when he moved from the crib. It is now white, which fits perfectly in Graycen's room. It sits really low to the floor and is great for the transition from the crib, just a little bigger than a crib mattress. It also has an escape alarm. It is old, so when you move in it it creaks a metal on metal sound...perfect!
Graycen said we should give her crib to someone else. I told her we'd move it to the basement so that SOMEDAY when Grant and Anna have a baby we can use it for him/her. I hope that day is a while away. I'm much too young to be a grammy!

Pretty comfy

I think I can get used to this
Room for Daddy, too!
Bouncing on the pillow

I am soooo big!
2 comments:
Way to go!! She and Daddy do look comfy :)
What a big girl she is! I bet it was a happy, yet sad moment for mommy... at least it was for me when each of ours moved out of the crib.
The bed sounds really neat and it's wonderful how many children have fond memories of it.
Post a Comment