
Two years ago today, we were boarding a plane to China. We could finally see the end of the tunnel, that we would soon have our baby girl in our arms. The baby girl that we had prayed for and loved before we ever saw her face...before she was even born. The baby that had been in my heart for so many years, and later grew in Kevin's heart, too. (With a little convincing on my part!) How long have I known I wanted to adopt? Simply, ever since I can remember. You see, I have seen first hand how a mother can love a child that did not grow in her own tummy. Love a child so completely, so perfectly. I am that child, my brother is that child. We were both adopted at a few days old. My parents have been the best parents I could have wished or hoped for. They set the example and gave me the desire to love so unconditionally. Even though I was able to have 3 wonderful boys, I knew that I would become a mommy again by a different way. It always seemed natural to me. It was on this day two years ago I knew for sure that my long awaited dream really was going to come true. Stay tuned as we travel down memory lane over the next few days.
4 comments:
I can't wait to go down memory lane with you! :) I had tears reading your post.
Linette
What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to reading more!
Hey Sheryl. It's hard to believe it's almost been two year!!!. I can't wait to follow your blog over the next couple days. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to be part of your "China Family". We can't wait to see you guys in the summer.
Hey Sheryl. It's hard to believe it's almost been two year!!!. I can't wait to follow your blog over the next couple days. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to be part of your "China Family". We can't wait to see you guys in the summer.
Post a Comment