Friday, March 14, 2008

I've been TAGGED!

Wendy at Blessed Beyond Measure “tagged” me and so I am going to play part of her game. I am going to share 10 WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF, but I am not going to tag anyone else. Things are a little crazy around our house right now, with getting ready for the wedding and all. I am also not elaborating as great as Wendy did. My time is scarce right now!

1. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa.

2. I have one brother, 3 years younger than me, whose name is Kevin—just like my husband.

3. Green is my favorite color.

4. I always have said since I was a little girl that I wanted to have 5 kids (P.S. I only have 4 right now).

5. Before I can go to sleep, I have to make sure that all the toe jam is out from between my toes…which I have lovingly passed on to at least 2 of my children!

6. If Kevin (my husband) is with me in the car, I insist that he drives. I can’t stand to drive when he is in the car—kind of old fashioned, I know. I am not this way about anything else, just driving.

7. Kevin and I met at a wedding.

8. I have driven a white minivan for 14 years. Not the same one, but 2 different ones. Our current one is thankfully holding out (with 179,000 miles) but when it dies, I am NOT getting a white vehicle, and I am praying I don’t have to have a minivan anymore!

9. I hate to cook. I CAN cook, I just don’t enjoy it. I do like to bake if I have the time, but meals are not my favorite thing to prepare. Probably why we eat out too much.

10. I love being a mommy. Some days are stressful, but at the end of the day I am thankful God allowed me to be in this role. I am even content being a “stay at home mom” which wasn’t always the case. I have tried it both ways, and it is best for me to stay home while my kids are home (even the older ones). Grant has always liked me to be home when he gets home—even though he is in college now—and getting married in 8 days! It is such an important job, and I am blessed to be able to do it!

Well, that’s it. Sorry I am not able to think of more interesting stuff. This will have to do for now.

2 comments:

~Mis-Wen~ said...

Sheryl,
Ditto for me on #3 and #9! :) Thanks for playing along....I bet you are REALLY busy with the wedding so close!

Blessings~
Wendy

Karen said...

I love this!
Elaine's favorite color is green too.