Friday, August 27, 2010

Travel Dates!

Well, we did not get our first choice for consulate appointment.  This means that we will have an 18! day trip to China this time, and this is cutting out the pre-adoption touring.  There is a holiday in China, the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, which falls on September 22nd this year.  Because we did not get our CA prior to this (it is on the 27th) we have an extended stay.  The option to not traveling now would postpone our travel a long time due to other things coming up in China:  National Holiday on October 1, Guangzhou activities of the October Canton Trade Fair and the Asian Games in November.  So, here are our dates (that I know so far):
Leave Springfield:  September 13
Arrive in Beijing:  September 14
Leave Beijing for Zhengzhou: September 15
Leave Zhengzhou for Guangzhou:  ??
Leave Guangzhou for home via Beijing:  September 30

We are going to owe Grant and Anna big time for staying with our kids for 18! days.  Did I mention we were going to be gone for 18! days??

Oh, and I got a new picture of Fu Xing Wednesday night.  He actually sent me an email!  We have also heard from Donna that he is EXCITED for us to come.  What a blessing to know this.  We love him so much already...hope he likes us :)

4 comments:

Marie94 said...

Hi Sheryl -
I was just sitting down and thought I should see if you have travel dates. And you do!!! I am so excited for you!
We will be following your travels and praying for you! We sure appreciated your encouraging notes when we were getting David. David is great - amazing actually. Jon, however, is depressed and acting out. I feel bad for him. He is such a kind and gentle boy. I hope he gets over this new change soon.
Hugs to all of you and one big one for Run Yi from Jon!
Love,
Robyn

laurie said...

That's so awesome that he was able to send you an e-mail. You'll be there before you know it!

Goosegirl said...

How cool!! Was the email in English? I am so excited for your family. Your new son is very handsome!

Donna said...

haha, I know that look well! Something tells me he wanted to be doing something else. Happily, those looks are usually followed pretty quickly by a big grin. Sorry you will be away from your kids so long, but take advantage of the time and see the countryside!