Wow...over three months since my last update. I guess there hasn't been much to report. I had scans on November 1, and they were stable. My tumor is the same as well as my other spots. No new cancer. Some lymph nodes were smaller and some were bigger, so we are counting that as a wash.
I have continued to get IV chemo every other week. I am still getting 2 different drugs each treatment. Soon (not sure exactly when) I will have met the maximum I can receive of one of the drugs due to possible toxicity. When that happens, I think I will just get the one drug and see how my body responds to that. I would probably be able to get that here in Springfield, so that would be more convenient.
I had my stents replaced again on November 3. That all went well. I had a different doctor for the procedure, but he seemed to do just as good of a job. I had to have it done a little sooner than scheduled, so that was the reason for the doctor change.
So all things considered, I am doing pretty good. We moved into the house we purchased and are mostly settled. We hosted Thanksgiving and it was great to have everyone here. We are getting ready for Christmas and soon it will be a new year. Don't know what the new year will hold, but trying to count my blessings instead of trials.
I should have my stents replaced again the middle of January and scans around the first of February. The chemo routine is getting old. I really wish I didn't need to take it. I know it makes me tired and not have much energy. Before I know it, it will be one year since my diagnosis. I don't think some of my doctors thought I would still be here!
Thanks for praying and I love you and Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment