I'm 12 Today!
Today was a usual busy day at the Holle house. It was Gavin's birthday and Garrett's spring band concert. I did manage to bake Gavin's cookie cake prior to the concert, but did not get it decorated--it was still warm when we left. I was planning on frosting it when we got home, then Kevin would be home and Grant & Anna were coming over late to "celebrate". Kevin beat us home. As I pulled into the garage, I said, "I hope your dad didn't dig into that cookie cake!" Well, as you can see from the pictures, HE DID! Luckily he had eaten a whole row, so I was able to just decorate a smaller version of the same thing. One last year of being a preteen.
Garrett's concert was great. I am so proud of him! He is in first band as a freshman (just like his big bro). He sits on a stool and plays the big bass clarinet (not a band person, don't know the "real" name for it) so we can really see him, especially with his beautiful red hair.








2 comments:
Hey Sheryl. Love the cookie cake. It looks like it turned out really yummy. Gavin looks so grown up. Can't wait to see you and Graycen in June.
Laurie
What fun! Too funny about the cookie cake. Guess DH's sweet tooth was just too overpowering!
Love the band uniform. I was in the marching band and we used to say our uniforms looked like the salvation army. Lucky him to get a new one soon!
Post a Comment