I missed posting about a lot of important stuff that went on when all was crazy with the wedding happening. First of all, I went to a Steven Curtis Chapman (SCC) concert in Fayetteville, AR with Kim to see our friend Linette and family receive a grant for their adoption of Hope. They received a nice chunk of change from Shaohannah's Hope, an amazing organization that helps orphans come home to their forever families. They got to go up on stage and talk to SCC and Hannah was adorable! We also enjoyed a great concert to boot.
The next big event was Garrett's 15th birthday. He got a new phone, which his sister happened to tell him about as soon as we walked in the door with it. She said, "Gavin told me not to tell you we got you a phone for your birthday!" Well, she listened, she just didn't comprehend what "not telling" was! He did a good job of acting surprised when he opened it.
Then came the badly homemade cake I baked. I'll just say thankfully it tasted a lot better than it looked!The day after Garrett's birthday, he passed the test (on the 3rd try) to get his driver's permit. Here he is at the DMV proudly showing off his new picture!
Then last, but definitely not least was Easter. Of course I did not get any pictures of us in our Easter best. I was in major recovery mode from the wedding the day before. I did manage to get some candy purchased, so at least the kids could get a sugar rush for a few days.

2 comments:
You have been busy! Hannah's look on her face cracks me up! What a memorable night. I STILL can't believe you and Kim came all that way for us. :) Well, and SCC too!
Cute pics!! How cool that you got to see SCC. Happy belated birthday to Garrett!
Post a Comment