Monday, April 21, 2008

A Pony for Christmas?

Our church had a picnic yesterday afternoon. There were horses there for the kids to ride. Graycen was afraid of the horses the first time Kevin took her to look. After she was sitting away from them for awhile, she said to me, "Mommy, I'm not scared of horses anymore." So, Daddy took her up the hill again and she went for a ride! Of course I missed it, and I even had my camera along. At the end of the picnic she had Allison (our youth minister's wife) took her up to see the horses again. When Allison asked if she wanted to ride again, she said, "No, I already rode with my Daddy." Well, when Daddy came back up the hill, she said she wanted to go again. Thankfully I was there with my camera this time and got these pictures...
Everyone at the picnic that saw Graycen on the horse said, "I guess we know that Graycen will be getting a pony for Christmas!" Well, that is doubtful. I don't think our neighbors would be too thrilled if we put a horse on our 1/3 acre lot in the city limits! There is a therapy called hippotherapy that is horseback riding for kids with special needs. I think I will be checking into that now that I know Graycen likes horses.



3 comments:

Sue said...

That might be an excellent program for Graycen. My friend's daughter, who was injured as a baby, has participated in therapeutic riding for several years now. They love it - she has gained a lot of coordination and it has helped w/ her attention + following orders. Glad to see how much your DD loved riding!

Marla said...

Looks like she had a blast! My Jakob goes to therapeutic riding and LOVES it!

Karen said...

Great pictures! Graycen looks very happy and comfortable up on that horse.
I've been considering looking into hippotherapy for Elaine too... I've heard great things about it. She briefly sat on a horse several months ago(she was scared to death) and she talked about the horse for weeks.