
Yes, we are going back to China. There are still many details that need worked out, so I can't tell the complete story yet. I will say that we are trying to become the family of a sweet girl that is 6 months older than Graycen. She also has CP. I know. It is hard to believe. We had just started talking about a sister for Graycen and decided that we would wait until after Grant's wedding to move ahead. We didn't know how we would pay for the adoption, but we feel that God put Graycen in our family for so many reasons - one of which was to equip us with the knowledge and desire to give another child with CP a forever family. So, I convinced (well kind of) Kevin that God would work the money issue out, and that once we had the wedding behind us, we could start looking for our girl.
Why can't I learn that me making plans always ends with God saying, "Oh really, is that how you think it is going to happen?" We learned of this child through a series of events that I can only explain as "God things". If we do become this child's family, there will only be one explanation: miracles that God orchestrates. We are waiting for the next one to happen, surprisingly fairly patiently.
We nearly have our dossier complete, so this has been going on for quite some time now. We are waiting on our much coveted 171H, which is the form you receive when you get final approval from USCIS (US Immigration) to bring a child home to the US. We were fortunate enough (NOT) to get to use the new I-800A form, which has a whole bunch of new homestudy requirements. The bad thing is that most agencies didn't know about them until their first clients applied and were told they needed additional information on their homestudies - this includes us. We applied on May 15, and we are now waiting to hear what we need to have added to our homestudy to get our fingerprint appointment and then finally approval.
If for some reason we are not chosen to be this little one's family, then we will still be submitting our dossier to China. We will then be searching for just the right "G" for us. We truly feel that this is our girl, and will be pursuing her until she is ours or another family is chosen.
We would appreciate your prayers...please pray for us as we continue to wait, as we are gathering up funds, applying for grants and working like crazy for extra money. The last one is mainly affecting Kevin, although I am selling things and going to my mom's to put together a MEGA garage sale next week.
11 comments:
We are praying for you about this. And SO excited too! God will work it all out and one day you'll look back and be amazed at God's miracles in all of this. :)
Love ya!
Linette
Oh, I am praying all works out like you hope! We are waiting for a child in VN with CP. Our son also has CP.
I enjoy reading your blog!!
Blessings!!
Oh, I was so excited to get your email about this and now the official word. You know you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers : )
How wonderful!!!! So happy that you are going to be a mom again and are going to China! WaHoo!!! It sounds like you are being led to this little girl, so I hope that you will receive good news soon. (aw heck...I just want to see a photo!)
SHERYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! That is wonderful news!!!!!! Well, you know we have a soft spot for Chinese little girls......That is wonderful. If you are looking to submit the dossier with any agency, e-mail me and I will tell you all about ours......WE LOVE IT!!!!!
I will be praying for you guys! I know you have been dying to tell everybody about this!!!!!!
Hugs from GA,
Laura
Sheryl, We are continuing to keep you guys in our prayers. Waiting to hear good news and trusting that God has this all planned out already. We're so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see you and Graycen in a few short weeks.
Laurie
How wonderful Sheryl!! I am so excited for your family and will definitely cover you and your future daughter in prayer!!
WOW @ 5 G's!!!!! :)
WOO HOO! I too have patiently been awaiting your news and "stalking" you site to find out what God has laid on your heart to do! We will be praying for it all to work just as God has planned it to! Call me so we can get together!
Blessings~
Wendy
Hey, We have skipped out on SS for awhile now (blame Jeff) LOL. I am so excited to read the progress you are making! Maybe you all will head to China around the same time we head to Kazakhstan, we could car pool! LOL! Anyway, just wanted to say we are praying for you and can't wait to meet your newest addition whenever she arrives! Take Care!
Michelle Gertson
You can count on my prayers! I'm so excited for your family!
We thought we were done, until we saw a particular WC with CP (not from China). My husband had no doubts and was ready to go for it, but I wasn't too sure at first. I can't stand the worrying and waiting for approval. There's a good chance we won't get approval. We spent some time praying about it and decided to go forward. This little girl deserves someone to try and take a chance. She's been waiting for a family for too long. We are paper chasing right now....
Congrats Sheryl!! I am so happy for you and will keep you and your newest "G" in our prayers.
Post a Comment