This morning, I finally got the call I have been waiting on for so many months. Our agency called to say that they have received the file of the little girl we are wanting to adopt! We have looked it all over, and found out some things we didn't know, along with most we did. One thing we found out is that she was found when she was around 2 years old. My mind can only imagine all she has been through, and her birth family. Many things we will never know.
Our Letter of Intent (LOI) will be sent to China later today. This is the first step to bringing our girl home. Once we receive Prior/Pre-Approval (PA) from China, I will hopefully be able to post a picture of our girl. PA is the first thing China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) gives to families when they are adopting a waiting child. Our dossier should be ready to go to China by the end of next week. I am so happy to by typing these words! What a wonderful gift we have been given today. If all goes smoothly, we could be in China before the end of the year. What a wonderful Christmas present that would be!
13 comments:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
I have been waiting to read these news for a while!!!!!
I am so happy for your Sheryl!!!!!!!!!
Keep us posted.
Hugs from GA,
Laura
Yay!! Finally some movement! How exciting to be making headway. Your new daughter would make a GREAT Christmas present! LOL!
Michelle
How exciting!!!! I can't wait to see her picture, and you're right, I can't imagine a better Christmas gift!
That is fantastic! I was surfing for good news and found yours.
Kay
How wonderful Sheryl! I'm SO excited for all of you. What great, great news! :)
YAY...what wonderful news. So happy things are moving along! I can't wait to see her in your arms.
I do feel for all she has been through...
I was so tickled when you told me your great news....and not a moment too soon! :) Know we will certainly be praying you thru this process to your little angel!
Blessings~
Wendy
That is so exciting! Congratulations!!! Anxious for you to get PA so we can see her sweet face ;-)
Blessings
Congratulations Sheryl! Wonderful news to see this afternoon!
Jill G
Congratulations!!!This is fantastic!!!!!!!
What fantastic news! Can't wait to see a picture of this new beauty with her family!
Hooray!!!! So happy that you will be mom to another sweetie!! Hope to hear you have PA soon (so we can see photos!) and that you will have her in your arms before Christmas!!!
PS - LOVE the blog's new look!!!!
Oh goody, goody, goody! I'm so excited for y'all! I can't wait to see pictures!
Elaine was also abandoned around the age of 2. They estimated her b-day.... I honestly think that they were off on the date they chose. I think she's most likely a year older than they thought due to all the cp delays.
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment