Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Cycle 2 begins on Thursday

 Sorry for such a long time with no posting. The past 2 weeks have been pretty good. I have mostly had some days of being tired and days where I feel pretty good. On those days I try to get things done that are on my mental list of things I want to do on my good days. That includes a lot of going through things and deciding on what I want to keep and what we can get rid of. Despite moving twice in 7 months last year, we still have a lot of junk we have been holding on to. We will be having a garage sale the first weekend in June. I know that I may not be worth much by then as I will have just finished my 3rd cycle of chemo on June 1.

Tomorrow night Garrett and I will travel to St. Louis again. Thursday will be a full day of the 2 drugs and an iron infusion. I am now not as worried about getting nauseated, since I have made it through 2 rounds without it. Hopefully that doesn't get the best of me this time. I find myself wishing time away until I get done with cycle 3 so I can get my scan to see if the chemo is doing anything. I am also wanting to see what my bilirubin level is to see how my bile ducts are working. I feel like they are working good, but my liver may still not be functioning at a great level. I still look a little yellow and there are some other symptoms that make me think that as well. They will be checking my liver function with all the other things they check before I can get my infusion.

Specific prayers for this week are: controlled nausea, strength to make it through this busy month of appointments and all the family activities we have going on, that Gavin & Miranda's baby boy will be born on a day that I am home (May 24 due date) and a healthy baby and delivery, and safe travels back and forth to St Louis.

Thanks for praying ~ I love you


1 comment:

Kris said...

Prayers and Hugs