Saturday, January 12, 2008

Catching up

Well, what can I say? I have been a lazy blogger. I have debated on the best way to catch up and I guess I will just do one long post with lots of pictures. I need to hurry and get it updated because Monday is Graycen's birthday! Our girl will be 3 years old.

Christmas was great. We opened gifts at home for the kids on Christmas Eve morning. The boys were happy with their gifts and Graycen loves her "big kitchen". She will play for a long time by herself. Now if we can just convince Daddy that she needs a sister to enjoy playing with it even more!







































Then Kevin's parents and aunt came to our house for dinner and more present opening. Finally around 6pm Christmas Eve we all piled into the van and headed to Iowa. We arrived about midnight. Christmas morning was more presents with Grammy, Papa and Uncle. More good food and more extended family to visit with.































My dad took the big kids and Kevin to a sledding/skiing (term used loosely) resort for a fun time of tubing. They had gotten lots of snow and it even snowed the day they went. My kids love snow (must be their Iowa blood) and all things associated with it. I made a smilebox of their sledding trip:
















Click to play Sleepy+Hollow+Sledding
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a postcard - it's easy!








We headed home on the 27th. Graycen has PT on Friday the 28th. While we were there, she got her wheelchair. We are so thankful that it arrived before Jan 1. It didn't cost us anything because we had met all our out of pockets for 2007, and that tiny thing was close to $4000! It has been so nice to be able to have her in a good sitting position, and she can make herself go a little, too. We are using it in place of her stroller, we still have the ultimate goal of walking independently for her, gut this is for the time between now and achieving that goal.

















January News:




On the 5th Kevin and I celebrated 17 years of wedded bliss. Well, not so heavy on the bliss part, but we are 3 years from 2 decades of marriage. I think we will make it!




Graycen is officially potty trained! The reason she hasn't been yet is me. I knew I would have to take her every time, and I guess I didn't think she would do as good as she did. She still sleeps with a diaper, but has been dry every morning and has even gotten me up 2 nights to take her potty. Wow! I should have done it earlier.




We also had our last First Steps PT visits this past week. Alan has been a part of our weekly routine for nearly 21 months. Graycen will miss playing with him. She will start preschool at Willard North on January 22nd. She could have started on the 15th, but I am taking a week off of something going on every weekday. She will go Tuesday and Thursday mornings for 3 hours. It will give Gavin and I some quiet time to get his homeschool done, although he mostly does it by himself.
Next post, birthday girl!

5 comments:

LaLa said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday....YAY on the potty traing!

Happy Early Birthday : )

Linette said...

Great pics Sheryl! Looks like you had a great Christmas and fun sledding. :) Can't wait to see the birthday pictures. HOW can she be 3already?! My how time flies! We're looking forward to seeing you at CNY party.

Becky said...

Your holiday looks wonderful! I can't believe our babies are turning/have turned 3 already.

Marla said...

Yay for new pictures!! Looks like the holidays were fun. Congrats on the potty training, happy anniversary and happy birthday Graycen! Can't wait to see bday pics!

Karen said...

Love all the pictures! I'm so behind reading all my fav blogs and I'm getting behind on my blog too... sometimes it's so hard to know where to begin :-)
Our kiddos have the same kitchen and they LOVE it!