Tomorrow will be travel day for our family. Grant will be making the 26+ hour trip back to the UAE to get home to Anna and the boys. Garrett and I will make the much shorter trip to St Louis so we can be at Siteman bright and early on Thursday morning for a full day of treatment for me. It will be long day(s) for all of us, I'm sure.
It has been so good to be able to have Grant home for almost 3 weeks while we sorted things out and figured out what path I was going to start down in this journey. I know it was a big sacrifice for Anna to let him come, and I appreciate it so much! I know the boys are ready to see their daddy and Anna is ready for some adult conversation.
I have felt mostly good since my first treatment. There have been a few aches and pains, a couple days where my energy level was really low and I was just tired. I am a little nervous for Thursday, as it will be a very long day of infusions and a new drug that I don't know how I will react to.
Specific prayers for no/little nausea, no vomiting and that these drugs will do the work of shrinking the cancer/tumors. For strength for everyone in my family that is carrying most of the load of what I used to do in one way or another. For strength to enjoy family time and have good days where I feel like being outside and even doing some "normal" things I used to enjoy.
Thanks for praying 💓
No comments:
Post a Comment