Thursday, April 13, 2023

First Day 1 complete

 Today was a long day starting with having my port placed at Barnes West County Hospital. After that, we drove to Missouri Baptist Hospital where I had an MRI. Then our last stop of the day was Siteman Cancer Center, South County. I received my first dose of one drug and so far just tired. Grant drove me up last night and we will stay another night so I can get an iron infusion in the morning due to low iron and hemoglobin. 

Next treatment date is the 20th, and Garrett will be my driver for that trip. I will get both drugs next week, so my after effects may look different. When the nurse educator was going through the drugs and their side effects, most of them were associated with the drug I didn’t get today, but will next week. 

Keep praying that the chemo will:

1) Extend my life

2) Give me good quality of life

3) Shrink my tumor and other cancer in my body

I am thankful for each person reading this and praying for me and my family ❤️

4 comments:

tracee rice said...

Sending our continued love and prayers!

Brittni Grant said...

We are praying for you, Sheryl and family!!

Kris said...

Praying for you, Sheryl. Love & Hugs

Dena said...

Love you, Sheryl. ❤️