We made it home around 3:15 today. I got my iron infusion this morning and that went fine. I am not experiencing any nausea, so that is a huge blessing. My appetite is increased, most likely due to the steroids I received yesterday prior to my chemo. I have to give this first round a 10/10.
It is so surreal to be sitting in a big room lined with recliners with all ages of patients doing the same thing. So many stories that could be told. I seem to notice the young faces first. Not children, but young adults in their 20's and 30's. The ages of my kids. Not a lot of smiling, so I try to make eye contact and smile. We are all in the same fight, just different rounds.
Yesterday when we arrived at the Cancer Center, Grant had already gone to the waiting room and was talking with a couple. As I got closer, I realized that it was some friends of ours that we know quite well. Jill started fighting her battle with kidney cancer about a year ago. She was there, has one treatment to go and she will be done with her plan. She now has no evidence of cancer. It was a good reminder that God can move big mountains. Even though Jill's cancer is different that mine, I know that medicine alone didn't cure Jill.
Next week will be a little different as I will be getting both drugs in my protocol. I am still nervous about getting sick, but feel better knowing I made it through this first round with no nausea. Thank you to all who are praying. I know they are helping me each day.
2 comments:
❤️
♥️
Post a Comment