Saturday, September 25, 2010

Familiar Faces and New Friends

This morning we headed off to the medical clinic for FuXing's visa medical exam.  We arrived right when they were scheduled to open, but it was already jam packed with local people.  We were one of the first adoptive family groups to arrive.  Soon after the place was packed with adoptive families that have been waiting for Mid-Autumn Festival to end so the clinic would open again.  We luckily got out in about 2 hours.  Fu Xing got his TB skin test and 4 immunizations.  Kevin was able to hold 2 of the little ones for their shots so they wouldn't associate that with their new mommies.  Such a great guy...he is used to holding down people ;)

While we were waiting for all the boxes to be checked off, I looked into one of the exam rooms and saw Jane, our guide and friend from Galia's adoption.  If not for her, Galia would not be our daughter!  I almost couldn't believe it.  She is staying at the Victory, but I gave her our room number, and she said she would call us.  I can't wait for her to see how big Galia has grown.  I think she will be surprised!

Then I was talking with a dad who had his 5 year old daughter getting her exam.  He said he was with Bethany (our agency for Graycen's adoption).  I asked him if S was their guide, and he said she was and was there in the building with them.  We found her and she remembered us--again!  We saw her last year at the medical clinic when we had Galia there.  We got another picture with her.  I gave her a message from Kim--she told me if I saw her to tell her.

Finally I met a mom who has adopted 2 boys, ages 12 and 13 from Henan province.  She lives near Dallas and knows a couple of Springfield adoptive families that I also know!  We plan on connecting again while we are here.

Trusting Baba to help him float

First time swimming without his floating ring

Wonder what they are talking about?

Goofing off with Baba while we wait

Checking ears

Checking the throat

Same Dr. that examined Graycen and Galia

Our traditional picture with S from Bethany
So, the day is not half over yet, and we have had an exciting day.  Most excited to see and talk with Jane.  Will post more later.

No comments: