Thursday, September 23, 2010

Guangzhou - Day 2

This morning we went on a city tour of Guangzhou.  We went to the Six Banyan Temple, Old Chen House-Museum and the Arts & Crafts Shopping Center.  I did a lot of shopping at the government shopping center.  They have the best quality and no bargaining.  Most things sold on the island are just not great quality.  I don't know if my standards have risen or the quality has just gotten worse.  We are meeting in a few minutes to have FuXing's visa picture taken and then my parent's friend River is picking us up to go to dinner in Guangzhou.  They met him in a crazy way while he was in Des Moines going to school to learn English.  He is a businessman here and is taking us out to the "best restaurant in Guangzhou".  I am cautiously excited as to what that might mean ;)

<>
Some of the Baba's and their kiddos
I will update when we get back about our evening...

No comments: