Friday, September 17, 2010

Good Friday!

(Sorry for the pictures not matching with the words - having difficulty this am)

Well, not the real good Friday, but it was a good one for our family ;)!  Our adoption is final in the eyes of the government.  I don't know why I didn't post last night.  I guess we were just busy being a family and I was tired.  When I laid down, I realized I didn't post, which might cause concern on the other side of the ocean, but all is well!


Thursday night we had the honor of meeting Pam from Swallow's Nest.  She and her daughter XQ came to our hotel to pick up a book I was delivering for XQ.  FuXing and XQ swam with Kevin.  After they got dried off and dressed, we walked over to a new restaurant we had not tried yet--New Island Coffee.  We liked it, and ate lunch and supper there again yesterday!  I really enjoyed our visit with Pam and have made a new friend that is working here.  I am so inspired by these women that give up their Amer. way of life to come here to serve orphans.  Truly amazing!


Our favorite restaurant in ZZ - so far

We had lots of laughing today and last night some singing before bed while Greg FuXing was working on some new legos we bought yesterday (yes, Linda & Donna - we are spoiling him!)  He is so cute and does not ask for anything.  We offer it to him, and he points to himself and I say, "okay?" and he answers, "OKAY!" enthusiastically.  We are communicating miraculously.  We did buy an electronic translator yesterday at the Lotus Center, and we will use it sparingly when there is just something we need to communicate but can't the gesture and limited English way.


FuXing's Mama (his picture)

We are really in love with this sweet boy.  He is a perfect fit for our family.  I am so thankful and overwhelmed how this has all been worked out by the One who arranged it all.  I know there will be rocky roads to travel ahead, but I am just so happy with our son.  He is a treasure, and although he was so sad to have to wait so long for his forever family, I am selfishly glad we were the lucky ones that get to have him forever.

We completed the adoption yesterday morning and then came back to the hotel.  We went to lunch and then FuXing had a swim in the pool with some of the other kids in our group.  There are two boys that are big brothers to a sweet 2 year old.  They are 12 and 15 years old.  They are very intrigued with us adopting a 10 year old.  The other families are just in awe of how well Greg FuXing is doing with us.  So am I for that matter!  Hope we are opening eyes to older child adoption...

Today we are headed to the Shaolin Temple which is about 2 hours away by bus.  It is the home of Kung Fu and we will see a demonstration and tour the grounds which I guess are in the mountains.  I am excited to see the countryside between here and there.  We have always been in the city when we have traveled here, besides the trip from the airport to the hotel in Gansu, which was a brown desert-type scene.

We have given FuXing my little camera and he is taking his own pictures.  I think it is good to get his view on things.  He is having lots of fun and enjoying being a photographer ;)

I will be sure to post tonight, because tomorrow we will go to FuXing's city, Jiaozuo, to complete the notarization of our paperwork and then visit his foster homes.  It will be an emotional day for all, I am sure.


Justin & FuXing (and BaBa) at New Island Coffee

Swimming laps

A Holle forever

Love from the other side of the world.




Reading the details



2 comments:

laurie said...

:oD

Alli said...

Praises! We are so excited to meet this new forever Holle. I know the rest of your family is, too. We are so glad everything is going smoothly. Thanks for keeping us all updated.