Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oath Taken, Visa in Passport, Brown Envelope in hand and the Amazing Jane!

Yesterday we went to the Consulate where FuXing signed his own visa application.  We were called to the window, and the officer said he could sign if he was able to.  He is able, so he did!  It was almost surreal.  We then took the oath and I got all teary when the head officer came out to speak to us about all the families.  She recognized the children that had recent birthdays, which included a boy who had just turned 14 - the age that makes them ineligible for adoption.  Everyone clapped for each child.  They then asked for a raise of hand for second, third, fourth, etc. adoption for the families.  The family adopting the 14 year old was on their sixth adoption.  We then went back to the hotel and had a group pizza party in the hallway of our floor of the hotel.  It was a great way to celebrate that we had all made it to this point!


Today consisted of last minute shopping, one last swim for Greg FuXing and Baba and packing for me.  We are so ready to come home!

We received FuXing's passport at 5:15pm and his visa is inside!  When we arrive in Chicago, he will become a US citizen.  He is very excited and has been singing and happy all day.

At 5:30pm, Jane - our amazing guide for Galia's adoption - came to our room and we were able to show her Galia's pictures.  She was so surprised to see how our girl has grown, and that she is so happy.  Jane has a very very big part in Galia RunYi's story.  So big that I cannot even explain it here!  I told her we hoped to bring her back to China when she is older.  She is excited to show her pictures to the orphanage director.  We had a great visit, and I hope we will meet again soon.

We leave for the airport at 6:40am (5:40pm Wednesday MO time).  Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 9:37pm on Thursday in SGF.  Can't wait to see the faces that will greet us at the airport!

One last hug from across the ocean {{hug}}!

Another new L*ego - only $5!


I can't imagine they get many customers?  Right  next to the Consulate Building


Yes, he is holding my hand going into the Consulate


Oath taken!  Giving the thumbs up


View from our hotel room - grass on the roofs


Together again with Jane


Bubble boy with Baba and Jane


Hard to believe we are together again!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Welcome Home! I wish I had realized you were connecting in Chicago...Ryan may have liked a quick visit with Fu Xing.
I'll be in touch soon. We should have travel plans nailed down by early next week. Still a ton to do!

Joel & Cassie Binkley said...

Your family makes my heart happy :)